NMSU Mission, Vision, and Values
The New Mexico State University System is the state’s land-grant university, serving the educational needs of New Mexico’s diverse population through comprehensive programs of education, research, extension education, and public service.
The New Mexico State University System will be a premier university as evidenced by demonstrated and quantifiable excellence in teaching, research, extension, outreach, service, economic development, and community engagement relative to its peer institutions.
To meet our vision of being a premier university, NMSU will be among the top quartile of peer institutions on 80% of measures of academic program and teaching quality, research productivity, and economic benefit to New Mexico.
Diversity and Inclusion
NMSU’s Values began as a project completed by the first class of the Aggie Leadership Training Academy. In the fall of 2016, the University Administrative Council started with that work, and members contributed their top five values. This list was compiled from those contributions.
Vision 2020 goals
- Academics and Graduation – Provide stellar programs, instruction, and services to achieve timely graduation
- Diversity and Internationalization – Provide a diverse academic environment supportive of a global society
- Research and Creative Activity – Promote discovery, encourage innovation, and inspire creative achievement
- Economic Development and Community Engagement – Drive economic, social, educational, and community development
- Resource Stewardship – Optimize resources to effectively support teaching, research, and service