The annually updated Vision 2020 Strategic Plan was last adopted by NMSU’s Board of Regents on July 23, 2014. Vision 2020 Plan July 2014 During Spring 2015 Chancellor Garrey Carruthers and Provost Dan Howard conducted Vision 2020 Strategic Planning Forums with each college, community college and administrative division. With feedback from all sectors, the Vision 2020 plan is currently undergoing revision and review, prior to consideration by the Board of Regents on July 21, 2015. The President’s Academic Council and Community College Presidents will consider and evaluate the plan during June and early July 2015. The 2015 plan will more comprehensively integrate the efforts of NMSU’s community colleges.
The alignment of college and division strategic plans will be more clearly articulated through use of a common template: Alignment Template Examples: Alignment – Example COB Alignment – Example Arts & Sciences
Vision 2020 KPI’s: Vision 2020 KPIs 4-4-15 Vision 2020 goals are:
- Academics and Graduation – Provide stellar programs, instruction, and services to achieve timely graduation
- Diversity and Internationalization – Provide a diverse academic environment supportive of a global society
- Research and Creative Activity – Promote discovery, encourage innovation, and inspire creative achievement
- Economic Development and Community Engagement – Drive economic, social, educational, and community development
- Resource Stewardship – Optimize resources to effectively support teaching, research, and service