New Mexico State University’s Board of Regents adopted the most recent version of the Vision 2020 Strategic Plan on July 21, 2015.
During Spring 2015 Chancellor Garrey Carruthers and Provost Dan Howard conducted Vision 2020 Strategic Planning Forums with each college, community college and administrative division. With feedback from all sectors, the Vision 2020 plan was enhanced, and is now inclusive of the system’s four community colleges. NMSU engaged the Board of Regents in dialogue during the annual summer strategic planning session. Encouraged by the Board, NMSU has now defined target performance levels for each KPI in the plan.
Vision 2020 goals are:
- Academics and Graduation – Provide stellar programs, instruction, and services to achieve timely graduation
- Diversity and Internationalization – Provide a diverse academic environment supportive of a global society
- Research and Creative Activity – Promote discovery, encourage innovation, and inspire creative achievement
- Economic Development and Community Engagement – Drive economic, social, educational, and community development
- Resource Stewardship – Optimize resources to effectively support teaching, research, and service
The Vision 2020 plan was previously adopted by NMSU’s Board of Regents in July 2014: Vision 2020 Plan July 2014 Vision 2020 KPIs 4-4-15 and August 2013: Vision 2020 Plan Vision 2020 KPIs The Living the Vision Strategic Plan was adopted by the NMSU Board of Regents in September 2009: Living the Vision Background: LTV site