The annual update of the Vision 2020 Strategic Plan was adopted by NMSU’s Board of Regents on July 23, 2014. Vision 2020 Plan July 2014 President Garrey Carruthers, Provost Dan Howard, and Senior Vice President Angela Throneberry, along with the President’s Academic Council, visited with NMSU’s Board during a day-long strategic planning focused session on July 22nd. The group examined the plan’s 5 strategic goals, clearly defined objectives and strategies, and achievement relative to 30 key performance indicators. Vision 2020 KPI – July 2014
Vision 2020 goals are:
- Academics and Graduation – Provide stellar programs, instruction, and services to achieve timely graduation
- Diversity and Internationalization – Provide a diverse academic environment supportive of a global society
- Research and Creative Activity – Promote discovery, encourage innovation, and inspire creative achievement
- Economic Development and Community Engagement – Drive economic, social, educational, and community development
- Resource Stewardship – Optimize resources to effectively support teaching, research, and service
Priorities for the coming year are: Compensation, Enrollment Management, Research Expenditures, New Revenue, Graduate Education, and Efficiency. The plan is a living document supported by closely aligned college and divisional strategic plans. Though currently limited to the Las Cruces campus, a comprehensive system vision will be articulated in the coming year.